Black and white postcard from approximately 1907 of the Cheboygan County Courthouse in Cheboygan, Michigan. Construction began on the large stone and red brick courthouse in 1898, and it was completed in February, 1900 and cost $35,000. The clock tower featured a "Century Tower Clock" manufactured by Nels Johnson in Manistee, Michigan, named such as they were meant to last a hundred years. In 1969, a new courthouse was built on a different site, and the 1898 courthouse was sold to a paper company. The company razed the building and turned the lot into a parking lot in 1970.