Black and white postcard from circa 1905-1908 depicting Main Street in Cheboygan, Michigan, looking northeast from Division Street. The building on the corner is the First National Bank building, and next to it the Gerow Block. The First National Bank building was constructed in 1883, and was destroyed by a disastrous fire in 1922, which also destroyed the Gerow Block and two other business blocks. A new bank building was put in its place, but in 1930 the bank was closed due to embezzelment and crooked book-keeping on the part of the receiving teller. A new bank was established in its place - Citizens National Bank - in 1931, and still occupies the location.