Black and white postcard from approximately 1910 of an aerial view of Cheboygan, Michigan, along the Cheboygan River. The large red brick building with the clock tower on the left is the Cheboygan County Courthouse, built 1898-1900. The building with the smokestack by the river is the Cheboygan Brewing and Malting Company, started in 1882 (originally named Northern Brewing Company) and brewing until 1911. The church in the center a few buildings up from the courthouse is the First Congregational Church, located at Main and Nelson Streets, built in 1901 and still standing. The old Cheboygan High School can be seen in the background, with its distinctive cupola in the center of the roof. This image shows one of the last log drives down the Cheboygan River. The lumber industry boomed in Cheboygan in the late 19th Century until about 1900, when it started its decline.