Black and white postcard depicting a photograph of the Commandant's Quarters, one of eleven buildings that made up the Detroit Arsenal in Dearborn, Michigan. In the 1830s, the Detroit Arsenal was moved from within the city of Detroit to a location west of the city in Dearborn. The Commandant's Quarters building was built in 1833, and when the arsenal was deemed no longer of use to the U. S. Army, it (along with the ten other buildings) was auctioned off. Between 1877 and 1949 the building was used as a library, American Legion hall, a town hall, police station, school, and a newspaper office. It is now the home of the Dearborn Historical Museum.