Black and white postcard from approximately 1915 of photograph from approximately 1906 of the Glazier Stove Company's Welfare Building in Chelsea, Michigan. From the Michigan Historical Marker for the building: "The Welfare Building was constructed in 1906 as a recreation facility for the workers of the Glazier Stove Company. It featured a swimming pool, a billiar hall, a basketball court, a theatre and a reading room. Chelsea native Frank P. Glazier, who was the Michigan state treasurer from 1904 to 1908, founded the stove company in 1891. Because Chelsea, a predominantly rural community, lacked skilled labor, most of hte company's workers commuted weekly via a special train from Detroit. In 1907 Glazier declared bankruptcy. The building was sold to the Lewis Spring & Axle Company, which manufactured the short-lived Hollier Eight automobile. Since 1960 the building has housed the Chelsea Standard."