Color postcard from 1944 showing a nighttime street scene on Washington Avenue in Lansing, Michigan. Included in the image are the Gladmer and Capitol Theaters, as well as the Bank of Lansing Building (built 1932, now Comerica Bank Building). The Capitol Theater was a second-run theater that operated from 1912-1955. The Gladmer Theater was originally an opera house which opened in 1873, and was remodeled several times. It closed in 1979 and was demolished to make room for a parking lot.