Black and white postcard from circa 1905-1915 of Shelby Street looking north at the intersection with Cass Street, in Cadillac, Michigan. The building on the right on the corner of Cass and Shelby was the home of William Mitchell, a prominent lumber baron in Cadillac, Michigan. Built in 1890, it was converted into a funeral home in 1947 by the Peterson family. The church in the image is the Congregational Church (now the First Congregational Church) building, on the corner of Harris and Shelby Streets. The structure was built in 1883 and was destroyed by fire in the 1920s.