Black and white photograph from circa 1905-1915 of Mitchell Street, looking north from Harris Street. The building with the pillars on the left one block up is the Peoples Savings Bank. The carriage without horses in front of this building is "Popcorn John" - a popcorn vendor who had been paralyzed from the waist down when stopping a runaway carriage, and was rewarded by prominent lumber families with a carriage from which to sell popcorn. The brick building on the right, one block up,is the MacKinnon Hotel. Further down the block is the large Masonic Temple (built in 1889), on the corner of Beech Street.