Color postcard from circa 1916-1918 showing the view south from the Majestic Building, next to the Detroit City Hall in Detroit, Michigan. The top of the city hall (1871) is in the foreground. The red building on the left is the Hammond Building (1890), Detroit's first skyscraper. To the right of it is the Ford Building (1909) and the 1916 addition to the Penobscot Building. The tallest building in the image is the Dime Building, built in 1912. The Ford and Dime Buildings were designed by Daniel Burnham. The clock tower in the background on the right belongs to the old Federal Building and U.S. Post Office. Built in 1897, this building housed the post office, custom house, and U.S. courthouse. In 1931, the courts moved to the Theodore J. Levin building and the old Federal Building was demolished (save for the opulent courtroom, which was moved, piece by piece, to the new building).