Color postcard from circa 1908-1909 showing the back side of the Central High School building on Cass and Warren Avenues in Detroit, Michigan. Construction began in 1894, and the first classes were held in 1896. Designed by the architecture firm Malcomson and Higginbotham, the building had over 100 classrooms and space for 2,000 students. In 1908, the rear wing, seen in this image, was added to attend to the overcrowding. By 1926, the overcrowding forced the high school to move. The building became part of Wayne State University and is now known as "Old Main."