Color postcard from circa 1907-1911 showing a bird's eye view of Gratiot Avenue, looking north east from just east of Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. The red building on the left is the J. L. Hudson department store building (designed by the architecture firm Smith, Hinchman & Grylls). The white building with the "P&B sign" is Partridge and Blackwell store, which would become the Crowley Milner & Co. department store (also designed by Smith, Hinchman & Grylls). Both department stores were founded in Detroit. The building in the foreground is the Puritan Building.