Color postcard from circa 1923-1925 showing Washington Boulevard, looking north from Michigan Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. The statue of General Alexander Macomb can be seen in the foreground. On the left, the large grey building behind the small red building is the Book Building, built by Louis Kamber in 1917 (he would add the tower in 1926). The red building behind it is the Statler Hotel, built in 1915 and demolished in 2005. On the opposite side of the street, the large white and red building at the end is the David Whitney Building, built in 1915 by Daniel Burnham. The brown building is the Clarke Building (originally known as the Detroit Union League Club Building), built in 1922 by Sebastian Kresge. To the right of it, the white building is the Chancery Building, built by Donaldson and Meier in 1924, which houses administrative offices of the Archdiocese of Detroit. The red building next to it is the old St. Aloysius Catholic Church building, which was dedicated (as the Westminster Presbyterian Church) in 1861. The church was razed in 1930 to make way for the new church building. The skyscraper to the right is the Washington Boulevard Building, built in 1923 by Louis Kamper.