Color postcard from circa 1910-1911 showing Cadillac Square looking east from Detroit City Hall (now One Kennedy Square) in Detroit, Michigan. The Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument, erected in 1872 to commemorate Michigan soldiers' and sailors' who died in the Civil War, can be seen in the foreground on the left. On the right is the Ponchartrain Hotel. Built in 1907, the hotel quickly became a hub for financial dealings in the automotive industry and lavish galas. With only half the rooms having baths, the Ponchartrain Hotel quickly became obsolete, though, and was torn down in 1920, with the First National Building being built in its place. In the background is the old Wayne County Courthouse (now the Wayne County Building), built in 1897.