Color postcard from 1913 showing the view west from Campus Martius in Detroit, Michigan. On the left in the background is the Ford Building (1909 - Daniel Burnham), and next to that, can be seen the Penobscot block, with only the original Penobscot Building (1905 - Donaldson and Meier) built. The tall building behind Detroit City Hall (1871) is the Dime Building (1912 - Daniel Burnham). The red building on the left is the Hammond Building (1890 - Detroit's first skyscraper). In the forground is the Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument (erected 1888).