Color postcard from 1916 showing downtown Detroit, Michigan looking west from Campus Marius. The Detroit City Hall is prominent in the foreground. Designed by James Anderson, construction was completed in 1871. The city hall sat on what is now One Kennedy Square, bordered by Woodward Avenue on the east, Michigan Avenue to the north and Fort Street on the south. It was demolished in 1961. The tall skyscraper behind it is the Dime Building, built in 1912 by Daniel Burnham. To the right is the Majestic Building, built in 1896 and also designed by Daniel Burnham. The Majestic Building was demolished in 1962.