Color postcard from circa 1917-1923 of Washington Boulevard, looking north from Michigan Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. On the left is the Book Building (1917), prior to the tower being added in 1926. In the background on the left is the Statler Hotel (1915), and on the right the David Whitney Building (1915). On the far right of the image, in the foreground, is the old Cadillac Hotel, which was demolished in 1923 to make room for the Book-Cadillac Hotel. The statue in the foreground is the General Alexander Macomb Monument, by Adolph Alexander Weinman.