Black and white embossed postcard from 1905 showing Detroit City Hall and the Majestic Building in Detroit, Michigan. The view is looking west from Campus Martius. The Detroit City Hall was designed by James Anderson, and construction was completed in 1871. The city hall sat on what is now One Kennedy Square, bordered by Woodward Avenue on the east, Michigan Avenue to the north and Fort Street on the south. It was demolished in 1961. To the right is the Majestic Building, built in 1896 and designed by Daniel Burnham. It was demolished in 1962.