Color postcard from 1919 showing Monroe Avenue at Cadillac Square in Detroit, Michigan. The skyscraper in the image is the Cadillac Square Building, built in 1919 and designed by Louis Kamper. It was demolished and replaced by a parking lot in 1978. In the foreground, in front of the Cadillac Square Building in the image is the Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument, erected in 1872 in memory of fallen Michigan soldiers and sailors in the American Civil War. To the right, at the end of Cadillac Square is the old Wayne County Courthouse (now known as the Wayne County Building), which was built in 1902.