Color postcard from circa 1909-1910 showing Detroit City Hall looking west in Detroit, Michigan. In the foreground is the Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument, erected in 1872 to commemorate the Michigan soldiers' and sailors' who died in the American Civil War. The City hall was built in 1871 and demolished in 1961. The location is now known as One Kennedy Square. On the left, the red building is the Hammond Building. Built in 1890, the Hammond Building was Detroit's first skyscraper. Behind it can be seen the Ford Building, built in 1909 and designed by Daniel Burnham. When it was built, it was the tallest building in the city. In the background can be seen the tall clock tower of the old Federal Building and Post Office, built in 1897 and demolished in 1931.