Color postcard from approximately 1909 showing the view from Campus Martius looking west in Detroit, Michigan. In the foreground is the Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument, erected in 1872. On the other side of Woodward is the old Detroit City Hall (built 1871, demolished 1961). The red building on the left is Detroit's first skyscraper, the ten story Hammond Building, built in 1890. Behind that in the image is the Ford Building, built in 1909 and at the time, the tallest building in the city. The clock tower in the background belongs to the old Federal Building and U.S. Post Office.