Color postcard from circa 1907-1915 depicting a scene on Broadway Street, looking southeast, in Detroit, Michigan. The tall building on the left is the Breitmeyer Building (also known as the Breitmeyer-Tobin Building and now known as the Harmonie Center), built in 1906 for John Breitmeyer Sons, Florists, the top florist company in Detroit at the time. The building is notable in that the owners of it in the 1930s and 1940s were some of the first and only to rent office space to African-American businesses and organizations. The large building in the background is the Hotel Ste. Claire, a well-known swanky hotel built in 1893. It was torn down in 1934 and has been a parking lot ever since.