Color postcard from approximately 1912 of Gladwin Park in Detroit, Michigan. The park was renamed Gladwin Park from Water Works Park in 1912, but residents never took to the name, and it continued to be known as Water Works Park. The park was created for both utilitarian and recreational purposes. The primary purpose of the area was a water pumping system to provide water to the city of Detroit, but the area also included tennis courts, baseball fields, swimming and picnic sites for the public. The large standpipe and the floral water-powered clock (on the right in the image) were popular attractions at the park.