Color postcard from circa 1926-1935 of Woodward Avenue from Grand Circus Park in Detroit, Michigan. On the left is the Madison Theater, one of several theaters in Detroit built by John Kunsky and architect C. Howard Crane. The 1806 seat movie theater was opened in 1917. To the immediate right is the David Broderick Tower (originally the Eaton Tower), built in 1928 by Louis Kamper for Theodore Eaton. At the time it was built, it was the second tallest building in Michigan. Across Woodward Avenue from the Broderick Tower is the David Whitney Building, built in 1915 by Daniel H. Burnham. Across the street from that is the Statler Hotel, which was designed by George B. Post (N.Y.) and opened in 1915. In the background, to the right and down the block from the David Whitney Building can be seen the Book-Cadillac Hotel, also designed by Louis Kamper, and finished in 1924. At the time it was finished, it was the tallest building in the city and the tallest hotel in the world. The tall skyscraper to the right in the background is the Book Tower, a 1926 addition to the 1917 Book Building, both of which designed by Louis Kamper. This building surpassed the Book-Cadillac Hotel and became the tallest building in the city until 1928, when the Penobscot Building was completed.