Color postcard from circa 1907-1915 showing "Half-Way Rock" in Lansing, Michigan. The rock was a visual marker for the approximate half-way point between the Capitol and Michigan State University (then Michigan State College) along Michigan Avenue. Supposedly, a passer-by placed a cherry pit in a crack in the rock and it grew into a tree, splitting the rock (which was then also known as "Split Rock"). The rock and tree were removed in 1925 to allow for widening of the road. A portion of the rock now stands near the Michigan State University Union building.