Black and white photograph from circa 1915-1920 of Madison Street, looking north from Randolph Street in Detroit, Michigan. On the right is the Detroit Athletic Club. Established in 1887, the DAC waned at the turn of the 20th Century, only to be revived by a group of prominent businessmen in 1912-1913. Albert Kahn was hired to build the new clubhouse, which opened in 1915 to much fanfare. On the left is the Hotel Lenox, built in 1903. It was later connected to the Hotel Madison a few doors down with a two-story building. In 2005 the historic Madison-Lenox Hotel building was demolished amid controversy to make room for a parking lot to serve nearby Comerica Park.