Black and white photograph of the old Detroit High School (known also as Capitol High School and is what became Central High School) on Griswold Street in Detroit, Michigan. The building was built in 1828 and served as the territory courthouses. When Michigan became a state, Detroit was designated the capital, and the building served as the state capitol from 1837 to when the capital was moved to Lansing in 1847. The building was then converted into a school building, housing Detroit's first school, as well as the public library. In 1875, an addition was added to the building. The building burned down in 1893 and the location became Capitol Park.