Black and white photograph from circa 1920-1925 of Woodward Avenue and the Majestic Building (1896 - Daniel Burnham) in Detroit, Michigan. The top of the Michigan Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument and the old Detroit Opera House are on the right. At the intersection of Woodward Avenue and Michigan Avenue is an early traffic light. Detroit was the first city to install red-yellow-green traffic lights (the first was in this location in 1920). These early signals required a police office to manually change the lights from the booth below.