Black and white print of a circa 1877-1886 sketch of the Seven Islands Resort area by R. Caughey. Included in this image are Hemlock Point, Grand River looking towards Grand Ledge, the Fifth, Sixth and Seventh Islands, the large Island House Hotel on Second Island, and the steamboat "Gertie." The second owner of the islands, S. M. Hewings purchased the resort islands in 1877. He launched the steamboat "Gertie" named after his daughter, and built the Island House Hotel on Second Island, which featured a veranda and ballroom. In 1886, he sold the resort to J. Scott Mudge.